2021 Winter Wheat Base Price $4.98
2021 Spring Wheat Base Price $6.53
2021 Durum Base Price $6.78
2021 Barley Base Price $4.18
Our goal is to provide farming and ranching operations in North Central Montana with easy access to ALL available crop insurance options and to present those options in a clear and concise manner with unequaled service.
- Cattle Climb Back for Close
- Live cattle futures ended the Thursday session mostly higher. August fats stayed 25 cents in the red by the close, though the other nearbys rallied for 10 to 47 cent gains. June futures ended the session at $122.82 with 2,142 contracts still open ahead of next Wednesday’s expiration. USDA confirmed...
- Wheats Close Mixed
- The wheat complex bounced back in the afternoon, but still closed mixed. Winter wheat futures were in the red again on Thursday. CBT futures closed 10 to 12 1/2 cents in the red and KC futures were down by as much as 6 3/4 cents. Spring wheat futures bounced back...
- Soybeans Weaken on Thursday
- The soy futures complex was mixed at the Thursday close, as soy oil gained strength. BO futures were up 0.96% to 1.16% at the close, marking the 5th straight gain for a combined 7.21 cent bounce. Soybeans were 7 1/2 to 13 3/4 cents weaker on Thursday, though new crop...
- Corn Futures Closed Mixed
- The inverse tightened on Thursday as old crop July closed 11 cents in the red vs. new crop’s fractional gains. New crop futures rallied off early session lows before fading back into the close. July options expire tomorrow; with the recent volatility several strikes are still in play. More than...
- Cotton Ends Session in Red
- Thursday’s pullback left the cotton board 4 to 43 points weaker. Preliminary OI in July futures was just 143 contracts ahead of deliveries. There were 39 deliveries issued on First Notice Day, with ED and F Man stopping 37. FAS reported cotton’s export sales were 74,670 RBs during the week...
- Lean Hogs Closed Lower
- July hogs closed with an expanded limit loss, and August’s $2.05 loss pushed the contract back below $100. The other nearbys were firmer, closing within 65 cents of UNCH. USDA’s National Average Afternoon Base Hog price was $6.60 weaker to $116.18. The CME Lean Hog Index for 6/22 was $1.14 lower...